Thursday, August 25, 2011

I just finished a couple books...

I listen to most books I read. It really works for me, I realize many people don't like them...

I just finished two Philip Yancey books... he is still one of my favorite writers of all time... I went "back in time" to a classic of his that I have been wanting to read for a long long time.
Disappointment with God - I loved it, if you have disappointment with God or know people that do - it is a must

I also read/listened to a short little book of his on the local church called:
Church: Why Bother? - again very good, real, honest, so Yancey

Where am I reading in Scripture these days??? I have been a little all over the place.
I have been reading the historical books David thru Nehamiah in the Old Testament for a while now
Always bouncing around in the Gospels.
My guys group is discussing 1 Timothy.
For a recent message I was studying the church in the book of Ephesians particularly - that was eye opening!

Gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment